Nose Correction (Rhinoplasty)
A nose job, that is how people in general call a nose correction (technically called a rhinoplasty). During this surgery the shape of the nose is altered or intended to improve its function. To improve it’s function is the medical reason, such as to correct breathing problems or in order to correct disfigurement resulting from trauma or birth defects.
It can also be done for cosmetic reasons, which will change the nose’s shape and appearance. Nose surgery can involve:
- Reduction rhinoplasty, the nose is made smaller. This will involve reshaping the bridge and tip of the nose as well as the nostrils. Some bone and cartilage may also be removed.
- Septorhinoplasty, the external appearance of the nose is altered (as above) as well as alteration of the internal septum.
- Rhino tip, the tip of the nose and nostrils are altered.
In order to modify the shape, size, and overall appearance of the nose surgeons perform Rhinoplasty. In some cases, a plastic surgeon may advise the use of a chin implant at the same time. This will balance out the facial features more completely. Many times, rhinoplasty patients ask their surgeons to:
- Narrow the bridge of their noses
- Widen or narrow their nostrils
- Straighten their crooked noses
- Reshape the tip of their noses
- Alter the angle between their noses and upper lips
In the last 2 decades substantial changes in both technical and philosophic aspects of rhinoplasty surgery have been made. Many of these changes are intended to provide more probable, long-lasting, and improved cosmetic results of surgery.
Though the aim of this procedure remains unchanged, the techniques and methodology have evolved. What are also continuously changing are the patients’ requests and expectations of the favorable cosmetic outcome.
Recovery after a nose correction differs from patient to patient. It will be at least two weeks before the bruising begins to fade and several months before your nose settles into its new shape following the surgery. So please don’t be alarmed by your immediate post-operative appearance.
With proper analysis, realistic patient expectations and the skills of our qualified facial plastic surgeon, rhinoplasty is a very rewarding procedure for both patient and surgeon alike.
Our surgeons are experts in their field, so are our nurses. Make your free online consultation today. Send us your photos and for the relevant cosmetic surgeries our experienced Cosmetic Surgeons can transform you into your new look and produce realistic Plastic Surgery Images embodying your potential results. Fill in our contact form and don’t forget to add your photos.