Ear surgery or Otoplasty
In order to (re) shape, position or alter the proportions of the ear, surgeons apply Otoplasty. Ear surgery can correct a flaw in the ear structure that is present at birth that becomes more and more obvious people grow up. The ear can also be misshapen caused by injury, which in most cases can be treated as well.
Ear surgery forms a natural shape, balance and proportion to the ears and face. Improvement of even minor abnormalities will have profound beneﬁts to your appearance and self-esteem. Most Otoplasty surgeries take place on children, but not seldom an adult wants to benefit from this form of aesthetic surgery.
If protruding or disﬁgured ears troubles you or your child, you may consider plastic surgery. A change in shape will not affect hearing. Although the ears folds and do serve to concentrate and localize sound waves, a routine surgery to pin back or reshape ears will not produce a noticeable change in hearing.
- Otoplasty is performed to improve the appearance and function of the ear.
- Otoplasty is safe and effective.
- Otoplasty can improve one’s self image.
The corrective goal of otoplasty is to set back the ears so that they appear naturally proportionate and contoured, because they are harmoniously set back, without evidence or indication of surgical correction. Therefore, when the corrected ears are viewed, they should appear normal, from the:
- Front perspective. When the ear (pinna) is viewed from the front, the helical rim should be visible, but not set back but not too far.
- Rear perspective. When the pinna is viewed from behind, the helical rim is straight, not bent. If the helical rim is straight, the setback is harmonious.
- Side perspective. The contours of the ear should be soft and normal, not sharp and non-natural.
Otoplasty surgery can be performed upon a patient under anesthesia — local anesthesia, local anesthesia with sedation, or general anesthesia (usual for children).
Our surgeons are experts in their field, so are our nurses. Make your free online consultation today. Send us your photos and for the relevant cosmetic surgeries our experienced Cosmetic Surgeons can transform you into your new look and produce realistic Plastic Surgery Images embodying your potential results. Fill in our contact form and don’t forget to add your photos.