Hair transplant women
At the Aesthetic Surgery Center, we distinguish women who experience hair loss and are in need of a hair transplant women which is a different approach than for men. Compared to men, hair loss in women reveals in different patterns. Usually it is more diffuse, and it can appear at every age. In men, there usually is a strong genetic pattern, whereas in women other basic conditions play an important role in thinning of the hair.
Hair loss in women is an upsetting condition that can be treated medically or surgically. For women, a thorough disease specific medical evaluation is necessary in treating hair disorders with a trained medical hair specialist. Women typically notice hair loss during the menopausal period with reduced hair density usually in the middle of the scalp that thins laterally. The hair is often miniaturized because of a longer resting telogen phase. Rarely hair loss occurs in the frontal hairline.
The good news for women is female patterned hair loss can be cured successfully medically or surgically. This fact is confirmed by recent research conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. In their recent studies they estimate more women are being treated for hair loss than in the past decade. In 2015, 20% of hair surgery patients were women up from 14% in 2013.
Who Is a Candidate For Hair transplant women?
- A person who has lost some but not all hair as a result of burns or other scalp injuries.
- Women who want to restructure their hairline.
- Women who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction alopecia (non-hormonal).
- Patients who have a distinct pattern of baldness, similar to that of male pattern baldness-hairline recession, vertex thinning (on the crown or top of the scalp), and a donor area that is not affected by Androgenetic Alopecia.
- Women who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents, and chemical burns.
- Women who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
- Women diagnosed with traction alopecia or alopecia marginalis.
At the Aesthetic Surgery Center in Istanbul, you can have a minimum invasive hair transplant women. Our specialist will only shave a part of the donor area that will be covered after the hair transplant by the remaining hair on the head. So no need for a complete shaved head. More information please click.